Job Title: Business Analyst
Reporting To: Senior Business Analyst
Purpose of Job:
To assist the Senior Business Analyst researching, investigating and analysing potential strategic and regulatory initiatives and providing analytical support/management information to Committees and Working Groups
Main Activities and Responsibilities
1. DATA ANALYSIS
- To undertake data analysis and modelling for Cheques and Credit Clearing
- To be a centre of expertise on the collection, modelling and presentation the Company’s clearing data, market research data and industry cheque data.
- To provide support on financial analysis and the preparation of industry project business cases as required.
- To be responsible for providing and supporting the regular data reporting to Committees and Board as required, across a number of areas including; operational data, fraud data, regulatory data, clearing data, risk data, settlement data, SLCs and KPIs.
- To support the communication of data externally, through preparing presentations, publications, newsletters articles and website content.
- To support the development and maintenance of the companies operational databases.
- To respond to data requests from internal and external parties, collating relevant data, designing, writing and preparing reports as required.
2. BUSINESS ANALYSIS
- To deploy a range of business analysis techniques to explain data collected including preparation of discussion papers and scenario planning.
- To support, facilitate, present at and record Member and Stakeholder meetings and workshops to maintain understanding of key data and trends
- To analyse findings and identify trends, developing options, detailing advantages and disadvantages, including researching all issues and risks with potential options under consideration.
- To maintain an awareness of the relevant developments in technical, political, regulatory arenas of the payments industry to identify potential impacts.
3 BUSINESS RESEARCH
- To undertake domestic and international market comparisons and research in respect of cheques and payments.
- To undertake research into regulatory developments within the UK and globally.
- To maintain expertise and knowledge in Cheque industry data.
- To research payment topics and prepare briefing papers to timescales as requested
4 PROVIDE SUPPORT TO MEET THE OVERALL BUSINESS OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPANY
- Provide support to meet the overall business objectives of the company in the context of the various projects and in terms of achieving the company’s corporate objectives and activities.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To deputise for Unit colleagues as required.
- Role reports to Senior Business Analyst
- Internal Contacts – Colleagues within Cheque and Cash Division, UK Payments Administration staff.
- External Contacts – Member banks, member and Independent Directors and other financial institutions, Bank of England, H M Treasury, Office of the Payments Regulator, processors, suppliers, legal, other banks and regulatory authorities worldwide.
- London based but required to travel on occasion within UK and Eire
Added By: Ainsley Morgan On: 20/11/2014