This position is unique in so much as the successful candidate will be given the exciting opportunity to define and develop within their chosen field within the company. A role, which will not only allow the individual to contribute to the development and overall success of the company, but will bring them career satisfaction in the form of personal development, competitive package, potential company profit sharing and company share options.
Your key responsibility is to ensure, along with the team, that the Consultancy Division runs effectively and that in-house systems are monitored and maintained.
Your role will encompass many responsibilities and will grow and move in various directions during the initial stages of your employment. The key to success within this role is ensuring that both the Consultants and yourself work as a team to promote the company to give a comprehensive and professional service to our clients. The main objectives are as follows:
This is a senior role within the Technical Services Team. Whereby you will cover three main areas:
- Post-sales support, advice and consultancy to the company’s existing clients.
- Pre-sales support, proposal co-ordination and advice to potential and new clients.
- Internal systems.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide level 3 support for desktops, laptops and PDAs.
- Problem Resolution - To solve problems in a timely and supportive manner and in accordance with our agreed service levels. Deal with problems to resolution, resolving the symptom and the root cause as required following the agreed procedures. Update the Service Desk Database with related information, and feedback to customer as appropriate. Provide executive support as required.
- Operations Management - Provide ongoing desktop operations including monitoring builds, testing new hardware and evaluating new technologies.
- Business Reporting & Monitoring - Monitor and report on reliability, availability and performance of local services as required. Review operational systems to ensure that optimum performance is attained. Recommend system and standards improvements. Assist with maintaining hardware and software inventories as requested.
- Security and Back up - Ensure that all system and application backups are in line with business needs and are successfully executed at the scheduled intervals. Carry out specific security procedures as requested and ensure that media is properly documented and stored in an appropriate location.
- Standards adherence - Review configurations of new systems and ensure that all systems conform to the corporate standards. Report on deviations to adherence.
- Change and Configuration Management - Undertake changes and configuration changes as requested ensuring that supporting authorisation has been received. Record and communicate outcomes.
- Support and Expertise - Provide support within the Technical Services Group on the specific area of expertise. Contribute to project work to improve infrastructure and systems performance.
- Ensure that two-way communication channels are maintained within and between the Helpdesk, internal and external vendors and our clients.
- Contribute to the development of the Technical Services Division and the services provided by the Team
- Collaboration - Actively seeks to develop a supportive and positive working relationship with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is open and co-operative.
- Customer Service Focus - Ensure that customers (both internal and external) are kept informed of performance and services; respond to queries/questions in a timely fashion; maintain a professional, friendly relationship with customers.
- Support - Provide support in both a proactive and reactive manner to services and projects.
Administration and Organisation:
- Co-ordination of your own and assisting with the rest of the teams administration.
- Ensuring all problems are dealt with efficiently.
- Dealing with and coordinating suppliers, consultants and clients on a regular basis.
- Provide advice to users and colleagues, supported by documentation as appropriate aimed at reducing frequency and impacts of incidents.
As we are a small company we are all responsible for manning the offices, as a team, in addition to your responsibilities you may be asked to assist with ad-hoc projects with the Consultancy, Web or Recruitment Divisions. Our reputation is paramount to our success.
Added By: Ainsley Morgan On: 17/07/2014