The overall purpose of this position is to support the multi-asset and direct investment business lines. This position will focus on being the primary coverage and contact point for the account setup and maintenance process globally for both physical and derivative instruments. The position will also focus on providing coverage for the Corporate Actions process as well as being responsible in the EMEA time zone for the settlement of foreign exchange activities.
In addition, the daily functions include but are not limited to, data maintenance, daily trade review and validations performed on behalf of our internal stakeholders.
In this capacity, the individual will help with ensuring that proper and prudent risk control measures, policies, and procedures are developed, documented and implemented to effectively manage business risk and maximize organizational efficiency. The incumbent is expected to innovate daily processing, drive process and technology enhancements.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
1. Account on-boarding
2. Corporate Actions
3. FX settlements
4. Analyzing data received from internal systems / clients, custodian and data vendors and other 3rd party agents to ensure timely and accurate reporting of security and pricing information.
5. Define, document, test and implement adequate and appropriate procedures and controls for all business support processes. This includes developing and implementing a workflow methodology adaptable for multiple business units across all of the offices (continuious process improvement). Ensure adequate controls and segregation of duties in place.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- ·Must have a thorough understanding of industry regulations/vendor policies/procedures and internal policies/procedures to be able to determine where these intersect.
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of FX trade settlement workflows.
- Experience working in a client service environment
- Exposure to custody and investment processes – preferred
- Corporate Actions experience - preferred
- Exposure to EMIR / Dodd Frank regulatory reporting requirements would be a bonus.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of corporate actions.
- Experience working with vendor products and technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication is an absolute requirement of this role.
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel, SQL/VBA)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with spreadsheet applications, data manipulation and database applications
- Will need to be motivated, show creativity and exceptional problem-solving skills. The potential candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment with a high degree of individual autonomy. Must be able to manage high degree of individual autonomy. Must be able to manage work and prioritize multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication (listening, written and verbal) skills - a strong preference for individuals with experience interacting with portfolio management, accounting, compliance and risk management functions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, yet also work productively as a member of a team
- Ability to gather & analyze requirements and translate them into business deliverables
- Flexible attitude with regards to tasks and hours (Analyst will be required to work periodic holidays as well as early morning shifts when required.)
Added By: Ainsley Morgan On: 14/05/2015