Our Client is a reputable interiors and fitout construction company based in Orpington, Kent, are currently seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis. All applicants must be RICS qualified or equivalent.
To effectively manage all costs relating to all projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality specified by statutory building regulations.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- To collate and provide all cost related elements of quotations and tender submissions.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Effectively procure competitive pricing from subcontractors and suppliers
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Monitoring and valuing work not included in the original contract of a project and ensuring all paperwork is in place to result in payment by the client.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Managing costs on all projects. Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Be part of a team contributing to the overall success of the division.
- Clear reasoning ability. Can think through consequence of possible actions.
- The systematic accumulation of data in order to meet a requirement or build a coherent framework within a specific time frame.
- The ability to identify a theme or pattern from an assortment of information to interpret or explain a set of facts. Is orderly and methodical.
- Generates fresh ideas, new approaches and displays originality. Can produce radical solutions to problems in traditional business situations.
- Able to identify opportunities or see possibilities in a future context.
- Able to see issues in Financial, commercial or value-added terms. Enjoys making a profit or achieving cost savings
- Can see ways of adopting existing frameworks and concepts to new situations.
- Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information, sees connections and produces original solutions
- Recognises priorities, establishes appropriate courses of action and shows foresight in achieving long term aims.
- Makes sure own views are listened to and are fully taken into account.
- Readily able to develop rapport and use it to give sound advice when necessary
- Able to develop trust, value long term relationships with integrity
Added By: Ainsley Morgan On: 22/05/2013