With the assistance of the Commercial Manager, effectively manage all costs relating to all projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality specified by statutory building regulations.
Principal Accountabilities after initial Training
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- To collate and provide all cost related elements of quotations and tender submissions.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy. Effectively procure competitive pricing from subcontractors and suppliers
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Monitoring and valuing work not included in the original contract of a project and ensuring all paperwork is in place to result in payment by the client
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Managing costs on all projects. Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Be part of a team contributing to the overall success of the division.
- Clear reasoning ability. Can think through consequence of possible actions.
- The systematic accumulation of data in order to meet a requirement or build a coherent framework within a specific time frame.
- The ability to identify a theme or pattern from an assortment of information to interpret or explain a set of facts. Is orderly and methodical.
- Generates fresh ideas, new approaches and displays originality. Can produce radical solutions to problems in traditional business situations.
- Able to identify opportunities or see possibilities in a future context.
- Able to see issues in Financial, commercial or value-added terms. Enjoys making a profit or achieving cost savings
- Can see ways of adopting existing frameworks and concepts to new situations.
- Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information, sees connections and produces original solutions
- Recognises priorities, establishes appropriate courses of action and shows foresight in achieving long term aims.
- Makes sure own views are listened to and are fully taken into account.
- Readily able to develop rapport and use it to give sound advice when necessary
- Able to develop trust, value long term relationships and build on them accordingly.
Knowledge and Experience
- RICS Qualified or equivalent
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships
- Excellent IT Skills
Added By: Ainsley Morgan On: 31/07/2014