Senior Design Manager
The main purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and integrate the activities of our external design consultants. Assist on pre-construction activities and tender opportunities, to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants.
- Manage the design process during the tender stage
- Attend prequalification interviews and presentations as required
- Agree the tender information required schedule with the bid team
- Chair design development meetings during the tender process
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer’sRequirements.
- Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates
- Review Sub contractor design proposals
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed
- Introduce relevant ‘Value Engineering’ to provide a commercial advantage
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required
- Commercial awareness
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
Added By: Ainsley Morgan On: 23/10/2014